The Journey: Walking in the Light: God Bless you all Today! How are you doing today? Last night we had are darling granddaughters, Rorie and Audrey overnight, it is such...
Take a look at what many consider the greatest story ever told: The story of the Lost Son. “There was a man who had two sons. The younger one said to his father, ‘Father, give me my share of the estate.’ So he divided his property between them. Not long after that, the younger son got together all he had, set off for a distant country and there squandered his wealth in wild living.” You see, this son couldn’t care less about his father; all he wants is his money. “After he had spent everything, there was a severe famine in that whole country, and he begun to be in need.” Hard times have come, and men are out of work. Famine has set in the city. Eventually he finds a job, feeding pigs, but no one gives him anything, and he is forced to eat the pigs’ food. He finally comes to his senses and says, “I will set out and go back to my Father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your...
I read this saying: the other day: "does the traveller choose the path, , or does the path chose the traveller?" Good question, I thought to myself thinking about what the answer should be. Then popped into my head another saying: "if you don't plan the hunt your just waking in the woods". So after much mental debate I concluded that however easy it might be to just let the path chosen for me I would think God would have me choosing the right path being lead by the Holy Spirit to join Him in what His plan for my future may be. So I ask myself am I even on the right path? did I chose this Path? did God? I then thought well I will give my will and my Life over to God so that "He will make my path straight" and I will enjoy what comes along the path today and be thankful for all the blessings in my life, I will take the path before me one step at a ti...
The 'good news' of Jesus Christ is the gospel message that Jesus did what we cannot do - He died as a substitute in our place to make atonement for our sins and put all who believe or trust in Him into a right relationship with God. His resurrection is the 'seal' or assurance of all He did on Calvary and was certainly 'good news' to the frightened and unbelieving disciples who were 'slow to believe' all that was taught about this both in the Old Testament and by Jesus Himself, as well as to all believers since. Romans 1:16 (King James Version) 16For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. John 3:16 is possibly amongst the most quoted verses in the New Testament which summarizes the gospel message. John 3:16 (King James Version) 16For God so loved the world , that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever...
Comments
Post a Comment